Seaside, CA Hotel Development - Luxury/High End: Seaside Redevelopment Agency
1) expand and revitalize affordable housing stock
2) improve infrastructure where deficiencies exist
3) eliminate physical and economic blight conditions
4) develop new employment opportunities
1) Low and Moderate income Down Payment Assistance and Rehabilitation programs.
2) Commercial façade improvement program.
3) Sunbay Apartments Low/Moderate Income Housing Program Participation - 46 units.
4) Auto Center Renovation Project – Agency invested $21 million in updates include lighting, landscaping and traffic circulation improvements. (completed)
5) West Broadway Urban Village – Adopted Specific Plan and certified corresponding Program EIR for creation of a transit oriented urban village in the city’s central business district. (completed)
6) Continue redevelopment of the Former Fort Ord
•Seaside Resort Development –A 330-room hotel, 125 residential lots, and 175 time share units. Land sale to be completed by 2011.
•The Projects at Main Gate – Preparation of Specific Plan and EIR to build a 500,000 square foot “lifestyle” shopping mall, and 250-room hotel, spa and conference facility. (To be completed summer 2010)
•Regional Trade and Exposition Complex/District (planning/design).
•Disposition and development of Veteran's Cemetary Endowment Parcel.
Seaside Redevelopment Agency has been a member of the California Redevelopment Association since
Seaside Redevelopment Agency